Have you considered joining a tech startup accelerator program in San Francisco? These high-value programs provide entrepreneurs with the growth-oriented resources, expert insights, and financing needed to unlock rapid and sustained startup acceleration. In fact, in many instances, startup accelerator programs give tech entrepreneurs an unfair advantage in the digital marketplace.
However, before submitting a startup accelerator application, consider these four variables:
- Expertise: How qualified is the accelerator leadership team?
- Oversight: How much guidance will the leadership team offer?
- Equity: Does the program require any equity in exchange for participation?
- Outcomes: What does the accelerator promise to deliver?
Top 7 Tech Accelerator Programs in San Francisco
When it comes to finding the right tech startup accelerator program, it's important to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the program. More importantly, assess the program's alignment with your startup's goals and objectives. Is the program "in it" to see you and your team through to success?
RocketSpace offers a high-impact and pilot-focused tech accelerator program built for high-growth tech startups and scale-ups. Our program pairs tech entrepreneurs with industry-leading corporate visionaries. Moreover, tech startup founders have access to real-time feedback, pilot testing, and potential investment opportunities. RocketSpace's accelerator program is purpose-built for later stage startups.
If you're looking for a dynamic and forceful tech startup accelerator program, there is no better option than RocketSpace. Of course, we might be a little biased. We also recognize that our program isn't for everyone. As such, in your search for the perfect accelerator, prioritize these high-impact programs in San Francisco:
InnoSpring is funded exclusively by leading growth funds in China and the United States. With more than 20 years of combined experience, InnoSpring's leadership team has a track record of building vibrant ecosystems and bringing together companies to create powerful technologies. InnoSpring founded InnoSpring Silicon Valley as a subsidiary in 2012 as the first US-China startup incubator.
- Program Details: Expanded services include strategy planning, sourcing investors and partners, and mentoring portfolio companies. InnoSpring has established itself as a leading global accelerator.
- Success Stories: InnoSpring has worked with more than 150 companies and invested in more than 50 including Drive.ai, Savioke, TrustGo, Kuaiya, Meadow, and Meta.
InnoSpring is located at 3401 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306. For additional information, visit: www.innospringus.com
Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Inc. routinely rate Founders Space as a top global accelerator. With more than 50 partners in 22 countries, Founders Space has built an international community of industry-leading startups. With more than a dozen types of startup programs to choose from, entrepreneurs have access to valuable mentorship and financing opportunities.
- Program Details: Programs are designed for both late-stage and early-stage startups. These programs range from one day to several months. Founders Space offers classes, workshops, mentoring sessions, business templates, and up to $100,000 in special offers. Additionally, Founders Space online startup program delivers more than 200 pieces of content including videos, business lessons, and startup materials delivered right to members' inboxes every day for three months.
- Success Stories: Jaycon Systems, Birdnest, Teller.
Founders Space is located at 450 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. For additional information, visit: www.foundersspace.com.
Matter offers a rigorous design thinking program based in San Francisco and New York City. During the program, members work to create human-centered and prototype-driven products. Matter's supportive community helps entrepreneurs achieve product-market fit more efficiently. The program culminates in a demo day where members present newly built concepts and prototypes.
- Program Details: The program begins with a week-long design thinking boot camp. Each month-long sprint ends in design review, where entrepreneurs pitch, gain feedback, and build momentum as they work towards demo day. Matter offers $125,000 in investment to prototype and build traction with target audiences. $75,000 covers accelerator services.
- Success Stories: Pie, Huzza, Aconite
Matter is located at 421 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94107. For additional information, visit: www.matter.vc.
AngelPad is a seed-stage accelerator program based in San Francisco and New York City. Since 2010, AnglePad has launched more than 130 companies including Postmates, Astronomer, Tapfwd, and Mammoth. From SaaS to healthcare, AngelPad can found be in almost any tech vertical. The program accepts 15 teams per cohort. AngelPad is frequently referred to as the "Anti-Y Combinator."
- Program Details: During the program, startup entrepreneurs have access to one-on-one mentorship, networking, funding, and investment opportunities. AngelPad invests $100,000 in each company that enters the accelerator program and provides direct access to accelerator alum.
- Success Stories: DroneDeploy, Mopub, Vungle, Pipedrive, Buffer, CoverHound
AngelPad is located at 135 Main Street, San Francisco, CA 94105. For additional information, visit: www.angelpad.org.
RocketSpace is a first of its kind industry accelerator. The program is designed to support later stage startups and scale-ups through highly qualified corporate collaborators and partnership opportunities. Participants can validate products and receive real-time feedback from industry-leading tech giants. Interested startups are required to have Seed to Series B funding, as well as product, service, or technology active on the market, and ready to be piloted with a corporate partner.
"Through participating in TERRA [a RocketSpace food and ag tech accelerator], we had the unique experience of working hand-in-hand with passionate, innovative corporations like Nestle USA. Their team is forward-looking and is going above and beyond to drive change. As an emerging brand, the opportunity to work in this program with Nestle is unparalleled," says Shane Emmett, Cofounder and CEO of Health Warrior.
- Program Details: RocketSpace offers a tailored curriculum for each startup cohort. The program provides access to industry snapshots, pilot coaching, and corporate workshops. The product validation phase is included to advance corporate-startup partnership opportunities. Additionally, through ongoing meetings with corporate collaborators, corporate-startup partnership or acquisition is a real possibility.
- Success Stories: SLiCK, Newport Trade Services, CargoSteps
RocketSpace is located at 180 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94104. For additional information, visit www.rocketspace.com.
Alchemist Accelerator startups raise, on average, $3.1 million in funding and approximately 32 percent of participants acquired additional investments. The six-month programs are limited to 25 teams per cohort. Alchemist Accelerator partners with several Fortune 100 companies.
"Alchemist Accelerator is a venture-backed initiative focused on accelerating the development of seed-stage ventures that monetize from enterprises — not consumers. The accelerator seed around 75 enterprise-monetizing ventures per year," reports Alchemist Accelerator.
- Program Details: Program participants have access to $36,000 in funding. Participants speak highly of the program's network of mentors, growth opportunities, and group of startup founders.
- Success Stories: CryptoMove, Eloquent Labs, Jirav, NMLStream, Zipongo.
Alchemist Accelerator is located at 180 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA 94104. For additional information, visit www.alchemisticaccelerator.com.
Plug and Play connects the world's best technology startups with the world's largest corporations. The accelerator invests in more than 250 startups and has connections to more than 300 leading venture capitalists and private investment firms. Plug and Play's accelerator equips startups with meaningful connections, valuable learning opportunities.
- Program Details: 50+ programs per year; 12 weeks each. Plug and Play does not require any equity in exchange for program participation. Startups have access to mentors, VCs, and angel investors.
- Success Stories: Dropbox, Trulioo, Aarki
For additional information, visit:
Join RocketSpace's Tech Accelerator Program
Choose from these leading tech accelerator programs to unlock startup success. With access to the valuable programming, expert insights, and capital needed to scale fast, accelerator programs are a go-to resource for many industry-leading tech startups.
"By being part of the Logistics Tech Accelerator, we have the ability to continually expand the reach of our business. It was great working with Kaleido through a joint venture as we were both able to bring our expertise to the business and work together seamlessly," says Rachid Touzani, CEO at CargoSteps and RocketSpace accelerator alum.
Is the RocketSpace accelerator program right for your tech startup?