More than ever, there is an emerging ecosystem ready and willing to come together and set a new standard for food and agriculture. At the heart of this ecosystem are forward-thinking corporations prepared to tackle emerging trends and technologies disrupting food + agriculture through cross-industry collaboration.
Today, we’re proud to announce six global corporations that have joined the inaugural cohort of Terra, the Food + Ag Tech Accelerator, who will work together with fellow industry leaders, as well as disruptive startups, to fuel innovation. Together, they will conduct real-life product testing and explore new go-to-market solutions. As Terra’s founders, Rabobank and RocketSpace will help the startups and corporate collaborators come together to explore and experiment with potential partnerships.
Terra’s diverse group of food and ag corporations include:
- AgroFresh (U.S.A) - a global horticultural produce industry leader, providing a portfolio of innovative products and specialty services to maintain the freshness, quality and value of fresh produce and flowers
- Beta San Miguel (Mexico) - ranked as the largest, fastest growing sugar company in Mexico
- Givaudan (Switzerland) - global leader in the creation of flavors and fragrances
- Griffith Foods (U.S.A.) - leader in customized food ingredient systems
- Grupo Azucarero Mexico/CULTIBA (Mexico) – consolidated player in the Mexican sugar market, recently diversified into Palm Oil and Stevia, and vertically integrated into green energy and fields
- OSI Group (U.S.A.) - global leader in supplying value-added protein items and other food products to leading foodservice and retail brands
Startups have just a couple more days to apply into the program (through February 1). Here are some of the benefits:
- Validate your product through pilot testing with collaborators
- Gain brand and product exposure
- Expand your business knowledge with our tailored 8 week curriculum
- Meet corporate collaborators for potential investment opportunities
- Zero equity requirements
- Work on the San Francisco RocketSpace campus
- Access to a commercial kitchen
Startups can learn more about Terra and apply to join the inaugural cohort here: TerraAccelerator.com.