- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 05:30pm - 08:00pm
- Where: The Theatre, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ
Principal at Swim Interaction Design Studio
Senior Product Strategy, Product Design and UX consultant
Spending months (or years!) developing a product that customers ultimately do not want to use can be the kiss of death for a startup. This session offers practical, actionable advice and a straightforward approach to leveraging your potential customers to create useful, usable and desirable products.
Product strategy and design guru Gitta Salomon will focus on two key aspects of customer involvement that are critical to the design thinking methodology: Discovery and Validation. We will look at examples from actual projects to demonstrate how to conduct customer discovery, ways to ensure success and how to avoid common pitfalls. In addition, we will discuss ways to validate product ideas with customers and best practices. The workshop will provide time for participants to ask questions and explore how the techniques might be applied to their own products.
This session will be followed by Office Hours for members who would like some one-on-one time with the presenter (sign up for Office Hours here).
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- What design thinking is
- The Double-diamond Design Process
- Best practices for eliciting useful insights from users
- Common pitfalls to avoid
And much more!
11:45 am - 12:00 pm | Lunch Served
12:00 pm - 12:05 pm | Introductions
12:05 pm - 12:50 pm | Workshop
12:50 pm - 1:00 pm | Q&A
Please note that this event is open to RocketSpace campus and corporate innovation members only.
RSVP for this Event
- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 09:30 - 11:30 am
- Where: The Classroom (-2 Basement) RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ