- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 05:30pm - 08:00pm
- Where: The Theatre, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ
Emma Peck Policy Analyst at Engine
As a busy startup founder, it’s difficult to make time to think about how policy debates in D.C. could impact your business, but decisions made by lawmakers in Washington can have huge consequences for tech startups.
Join Emma from Engine, a San Francisco-based nonprofit that supports tech entrepreneurs by providing information about the startup economy and constructing smarter public policy, for an informal discussion around the hot topics in D.C., how they might benefit or harm your startup, and how we can help amplify your voice to influence decision makers.
We’ll cover policies related to:
- Immigration policy, reform, and finding the talent your startup needs
- Raising capital
- Threats from patent trolls
- Data security and privacy
- Net neutrality and broadband
- Regulatory red tape and new technologies
- The 2016 presidential election: what it means for startups
And much more!
11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Lunch served
12:00 p.m. - 12:05 p.m. | Introduction
12:05 p.m. - 12:35 p.m. | Workshop
12:35 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. | Q&A
12:50 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Wrap up
Please note that this event is open to RocketSpace campus and corporate innovation members only.
Engine is a technology policy, research, and advocacy organization that bridges the gap between policymakers and startups to support the innovation ecosystem. In many ways, we serve as an external policy or government relations shop for startups that don’t yet have the resources (or necessity) to build out an internal policy team. The difference is we aren’t asking startups to pay us. We’re simply asking startups to engage.
RSVP for this Event
- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 09:30 - 11:30 am
- Where: The Classroom (-2 Basement) RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ