- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 05:30pm - 08:00pm
- Where: The Theatre, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ
Kim Malone Scott CEO of Candor, Inc
Former adviser to Twitter, Shyp, Dropbox and many more Silicon Valley startups
According to Fortune, the most common reason good employees quit their job is because they don’t like their boss. It’s now common knowledge that people don’t quit companies; they quit bosses. What does it take to be a better manager though? Kindness? Generosity? How about candor?
As detailed in FastCompany, through years of attempts at “creating bullshit-free zones where people love their work and working together,” Kim Malone Scott developed a philosophy — called radical candor — that finally provides clear, implementable guidelines for managers who want their teams to love their jobs and do great work. The two key tenets: show your employees that you care about them, and care enough to deliver difficult feedback.
Now the CEO of Candor, Inc, a new software startup that builds tools to help managers be more radically candid, Kim uses the insights that earned her the unofficial title High Priestess of the Long Tail (due to achieving both high team morale and impressive margins) to help bosses create cultures of guidance and success.
Join us to discuss:
- What is radical candor?
- The 3 (poor) alternatives
- 4 steps managers can take to be radically candid today
And much more!
5:30 - 6:00pm | Happy (Half) Hour
6:00 - 6:30pm | Featured Talk: Radical Candor
6:30 - 7:00pm | Q&A
7:00 - 7:30pm | Networking
RSVP for this Event
- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 09:30 - 11:30 am
- Where: The Classroom (-2 Basement) RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ