- When: Monday 19th of August, 2019, 17:30-18:30
- Where: The Theatre, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ
Seth Pardee Associate at Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP
Although it is commonly known that conducting research and development, doing manufacturing, and having physical offices abroad can give rise to international taxation, there are many less obvious taxable activities that startups also need to be aware of. Paying contractors, hosting server farms, or even having users outside of your home country — all of these can be taxed abroad too, and doubly if you're also paying taxes back home. Just because you don't have offices all over the world or aren't actively pursuing international customers does not mean that you will not be taxed. Additionally, structuring your business to operate internationally can greatly reduce your taxes if you do things correctly.
To help you navigate the waters of international taxation and minimize how much your startup will have to pay, we're bringing in Seth Pardee from Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP for a one-hour workshop.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- The situations in which you can be taxed by foreign governments
- Strategies for avoiding double taxation + reducing your company's tax burden
- The pros and cons of using local staff in different jurisdictions
- Structuring your product offering to mitigate taxes
And much more!
11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | Lunch served
12:00 p.m. - 12:05 p.m. | Introduction
12:05 p.m. - 12:35 p.m. | Workshop
12:35 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. | Q&A
12:50 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. | Wrap up
Please note that this event is open to RocketSpace campus and corporate innovation members only.
RSVP for this Event
- When: Wednesday 2nd of October, 2019, 09:30-10:30
- Where: The Classroom, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ