- When: August 7, 2018, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA
To get good fundraising terms, you need multiple offers. To get multiple offers, you need to tell a good story to multiple investors at the same time. Investors invest in stories, not businesses. This is where pitch decks come in.
On March 6, join Nathan Beckord from Foundersuite — a productivity software company that provides tools and templates for entrepreneurs, and is an official RocketSpace partner — for an in-depth workshop on the quintessential tips and hacks needed to create an attractive story for your startup. It's time you instill your passion and narrative in investors' memory for weeks to come.
You will learn about:
- The 12 most powerful pitch deck archetypes
- The best pitch deck structure
- Presentation techniques for the live pitch
- How to tell your story in numbers
The workshop will be followed by Office Hours for members who would like one-on-one time to work with Nathan.
12:00 - 12:10 pm | Introductions
12:10 - 12:50 pm | Presentation/Discussion
12:50 - 01:00 pm | Q&A + Wrap-up
01:15 - 03:15 pm | Office Hours
Please note that this event is open to RocketSpace campus and corporate innovation members only.
About the Speaker
Nathan has often been described as a “wingman to startup CEOs” and a “Biz Dev/CFO to go.” He enjoys pitching deals, solving problems, and getting things done. These strong, workmanship traits led him into founding Foundersuite — a RocketSpace partner.
Mainly working with early stage Internet, B2B software, mobile, and consumer product startups, Nathan's strong interest in platforms, markets, and networks really comes into play for a fruitful collaboration between his unique skills as he's worked with several cool crowdfunding companies, such as Kickstarter and Appbackr.
Earlier in his career, he started two companies, an early web catalog provider and a clinical trial software company. He also worked in finance and investment banking, and was involved in three technology IPOs and nearly 40 acquisitions.
On the content side, Nathan authors the blog SeedStageCapital.com and contributes to Founders Space. He has an MBA in Entrepreneurship, a BSC in Finance, and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). He is also on the Board of Hands On Bay Area, a non-profit.
RSVP for this Event
- When: July 31, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, Floor 3, San Francisco, CA
- When: Tuesday 7th, August 2018, 09:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Where: B5 Meeting Room, Surf Zone RocketSpace, 40 Islington High St, London, N1 8EQ
- When: Wednesday 1st of August, 2018, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Theatre RocketSpace London. The Yard, off Duncan Street London N1 8EQ