- When: August 7, 2018, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA
SVP Marketing at RocketSpace
Venture Capital Reporter at VentureBeat
Reporter at The Information
Writer at TechCrunch
San Francisco Bureau Chief at USA Today
A Panel Discussion With Bérénice Magistretti, Cory Weinberg, John Mannes, Jon Swartz and Ashleigh Harris
Getting media coverage for your startup can seem like a mysterious, dark art for founders. Which reporters should you reach out to? Why don't any of them reply to your messages? Why don't they think that your announcement is "newsworthy"?
On May 8, we are pleased to host Bérénice Magistretti, Cory Weinberg, John Mannes and Jon Swartz — from VentureBeat, The Information, USA Today and TechCrunch, respectively — for a panel discussion moderated by our SVP Marketing, Ashleigh Harris. We will discuss how to get on a reporter's radar and build goodwill (necessary in order to be included in future pieces), best practices for pitching your story, creative ways to get your company mentioned in the media, surefire ways to get on a reporter's bad side, and more!
We will open the discussion up to the audience for Q&A, so please bring your questions for our panelists!
5:30 - 6:00 pm | Happy (Half) Hour
6:00 - 6:30 pm | Panel Discussion
6:30 - 7:00 pm | Audience Q&A
7:00 - 7:30 pm | Networking
By registering for this event, you agree that you may be contacted by Rocketspace for future events and announcements. Your details will never be shared with third parties.
RSVP for this Event
- When: July 31, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, Floor 3, San Francisco, CA
- When: Tuesday 7th, August 2018, 09:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Where: B5 Meeting Room, Surf Zone RocketSpace, 40 Islington High St, London, N1 8EQ
- When: Wednesday 1st of August, 2018, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Theatre RocketSpace London. The Yard, off Duncan Street London N1 8EQ