- When: 3 May, 2018, 9:30 - 11:30 am
- Where: RocketSpace, 40 Islington High St, London, UK
Partner at Spinta Capital
Raising equity funds is not the only option available to help startups finance their growth. What are the perks and drawbacks of venture debt? When does it make sense for a startup to take a loan to bridge the gap until its next round — or replace it altogether? And are there any costly mistakes entrepreneurs should watch out for?
On November 2, Todd Schneider from Spinta Capital is coming in to demystify venture debt. He will share case studies illustrating and quantifying the benefits and drawbacks of non-dilutive financing in various scenarios.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Various non- and minimially-dilutive financing options for SaaS companies
- How such loans and financing facilities are underwritten
- How options vary whether SaaS company is VC-backed or not
- How those options vary whether a personal guaranty is available or not
- How unicorn and public SaaS companies use debt; contrasts with smaller private companies
And much more!
The workshop will be followed by Office Hours for members who would like to work with Todd.
12:00 - 12:05 pm | Introductions
12:05 - 12:50 pm | Workshop
12:50 - 01:00 pm | Q&A
01:00 - 3:00 pm | Office Hours
Please note that this event is open to RocketSpace campus and corporate innovation members only.
About the Speaker
Todd co-founded Spinta on the premise that a lean and highly focused debt raising platform can promote growth and deliver significant client ROI.
Having led dozens of debt and equity financings, Todd brings 17 years of technology company financing, capital structuring and analysis experience, and relationships within the emerging growth community.
Most recently, Todd managed a portfolio of energy technology companies backed by the Harry Halloran family investment fund where he coordinated $60 million of debt and equity financings and several M&A transactions. Previously, Todd served as Vice President and head of equity and venture debt private placements for Seven Hills Partners, a San Francisco-based investment bank serving growth stage technology companies. Todd began his career as an equity analyst for T. Rowe Price Associates, an $800B global asset management firm.
Todd received a BA in Accounting and Economics from Bucknell University and an MBA from Vanderbilt University. He resides in Marin County, CA with his wife and two children.
RSVP for this Event
- When: May 16, 2018, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, San Francisco, Ca
- When: May 22, 2018, 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 180 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA