- When: October 17, 2018, 12:00-1:00 pm
- Where: RocketSpace, 123 Mission, FL 16, RM 16MA
Senior Reporter at The Guardian
Tech Reporter at Quartz
San Francisco Bureau Tech Writer for The Wall Street Journal
Editor, Features + Analysis for eWeek
SVP Marketing at RocketSpace
A Panel Discussion With Olivia Solon, Michael Coren, Tomio Geron, and Chris Preimesberger
The media landscape is in nearly constant flux, and even more so during the past year, with Brexit, the US elections, the rise of fake news, and the questioning of sources people trust. These factors create a deafening level of noise, which can be challenging for a startup to break through.
On Thursday, October 5, we are pleased to host Olivia Solon, Michael Coren, Tomio Geron, and Chris Preimesberger — from The Guardian, Quartz, The Wall Street Journal, and eWeek, respectively — for a lively, interactive discussion about the new media landscape and what companies can do to rise above the noise. RocketSpace SVP Marketing Ashleigh Harris will moderate and address questions including:
- How has the media landscape changed while reporting on tech in Silicon Valley over the years?
- What makes a story stand out to tech reporters?
- What makes something truly disruptive or innovative?
- What is the media's role in bringing attention to solutions that are truly making an impact?
- How will the media change in 5, 10, 15 years with virtual reality, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and more?
We’ll also cover how to be a good source and build goodwill (necessary in order to be included in future pieces), best practices for pitching your story, creative ways to get your company mentioned in the media, surefire ways to get on a reporter's bad side, and more!
5:00 - 6:00 pm | Panel Discussion
6:00 - 6:30 pm | Networking
This is an interactive session so please submit questions you have for our panel when you register for the event.
Please note that this event is open to tech startup founders and in-house marketing/communication leaders only.
By registering for this event, you agree that you may be contacted by Rocketspace for future events and announcements. Your details will never be shared with third parties.
RSVP for this Event