- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 05:30pm - 08:00pm
- Where: The Theatre, RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ
Research Assistant in the Artificial Intelligence department of Stanford University
Cofounder at Crossing Minds
Research Engineer in Computational Medicine at Bay Labs
Co-founder and CTO at Aiden
On October 18th, join RocketSpace member company Aiden for the second installment of their four-part event series. They are bringing together top disrupters and founders within the AI community to discuss how AI is reshaping the future of the enterprise.
At this second event, Aiden Cofounder and CTO PJ Camillieri will moderate a discussion with Alexandre Robicquet and Nina Miolane. They will discuss how AI research:
- Can help build a machine that carries out useful plausible reasoning (following clearly defined principles and some kind of common sense)
- Can help teach a machine to understand scenes (learning representations of the perceptual world: speech recognition, image recognition, NLP,...)
- Can support data-efficient learning (accelerating autonomous learning in context of less data or less time)
5:00pm | Doors open
5:30pm | Intro by PJ Camillieri
5:40pm | Talk 1 — Nina Miolane
6:00pm | Talk 2 — Alexandre Robicquet
6:15pm | Panel discussion and Q&A
6:45pm | Networking — Drinks and snacks
Alexandre Robicquet — Research Assistant in the Artificial Intelligence department of Stanford University, Cofounder at Crossing Minds
Alexandre Robicquet is a Research Assistant in the Artificial Intelligence department of Stanford University, he is conducting his own research under the supervision of Sebastian Thrun and Silvio Savarese (Computer Science Department, Computational Vision and Geometry Lab). He cofounded Crossing Minds, a startup that applies next-generation artificial intelligence to enrich the human experience. Using predictive models and cultural taste correlations, Crossing Minds builds products and services that appreciate and adapt to every individual.
Nina Miolane — Research Engineer in Computational Medicine at Bay Labs
Nina Miolane is a Research Engineer at Bay Labs, a startup which is at the forefront of bringing deep-learning advances to critical unsolved problems in healthcare. She obtained a PHD in geometric statistics for medical imaging at Stanford and a master degree in theoretical physics at the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris.
PJ Camillieri — Cofounder & CTO at Aiden
Serial tech entrepreneur with product and engineering background, PJ worked 10 years as a product marketing manager at Apple for products as the iPod, the iPad or Siri. He previously founded Timista, VC Flair, Games of angels and Forereads.
RSVP for this Event
- When: Wednesday 13th of February, 2019, 09:30 - 11:30 am
- Where: The Classroom (-2 Basement) RocketSpace London, 40 Islington High Street, N1 8EQ